I haven't blogged for so long! Life has been busy as we are trying to get used to the new schedule. Anthony seems to really like school. As for me, I think it's a bit too much for a 5 years old.
First of all, homework. Every day it takes us over 30 minutes to complete it. He gets 5 tasks daily! Honestly, I do not remember getting homework until I was in the 2nd grade. And we're talking about K! And the tasks do not make too much sense to me, either. Here are some examples:
* Draw a picture of a rule you follow in the cafeteria
* Write what is the difference between you and your teacher (I like that they have to write!)
* Read a book and draw all the characters
and so on......
We do complete each task diligently, but I feel like reading to him would be much more useful. We do read a lot, he loves books
Another thing that I was a bit irritated about is the "warnings" that he brings from school every other day.
* Warning for not following instructions (the teacher asked to put a book on the shelf, he put it on the desk)
* Warning for being too active (c'mon now! It's a 5 y.o. boy!!!!)
* Warning for talking during class
I spoke to his teacher about those warnings, and she said everyone got those. Then what's the point?
Ok, you got it! I am one of those mommies who worry too much about their only child. But he's my SONshine, I can't but worry!