Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It is SO HOT!

Weather, I mean.
I love heat. I love to feel hot sun rays on my skin. Summer is my favorite season, and here, in GA, it lasts at least 6 months.
What to do with my SONshine when it's so hot? We love water.
Unfortunately, our subdivision does not have a pool. So, we have to think of where to go to splash. The closest and the cheapest to us is downtown Norcross (little town we live in). It has a fountain where kids can splash for free.

The one thing I do not like about it is that it is so crowded. Big kids run around not paying much attention to the little ones.

We also have 2 mini aqua parks pretty close. You do have to pay to get in there, but it's not much for the county residents. This year we haven't been there yet, but here are some pictures from the previous years

1. Best Friend Park. It features an outdoor leisure pool with zero-depth entry, giant water slide and water play structures


2.  West Gwinnett Park Aquatic Center. It features a zero-depth entry, two giant water slides, river channel, bubble bench, vortex, spray bar, and water play structures.


What I do not like about these parks is that they can close pretty unexpectedly (e.g. someone peed in the pool, or their radar shows that thunder is coming), and they do not refund you the money. It happened to us twice. Once we just got undressed and didn't even get a chance to get into the water, the second time we were there for about 15 minutes. That, to my mind is very unfair. But they were firm, and the money was not refunded.


Sometimes we would go to the river. The Chattahoochee River is 5 minutes from our house. Its fast water is very cold, though. That's the thing I do not like about it. It doesnt't bother my SONshine, though!


Lake Lanier is about 40 minutes drive from us. It's a lot of fun, too!

Spraygrounds are everywhere now! For just $1  you can spend there all day (we usually spend no more than 45 minutes there)

No comments:

Post a Comment