Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weight Loss struggle

I always was a skinny girl. Could eat anything anytime and not gain a pound. Everything changed when we moved to the United States. In 9 years I went from 110 lb to 190 lb. Yeah, I had my SONshine, but not only that. There are several reasons that got me where I am now.
1. I got a car. We live in Atlanta suburb, where there's no public transportation. I drive everywhere. In Belarus (that is my home country) I walked everywhere.
2. We started eating out a lot. Back home eating in a restaurant is ridiculously expensive, and we could afford it monthly, not every week, sometimes twice a week. And, let me tell you! The portions of food there are at least 5 times smaller than here.
3. Fast Food. I am not a fan, but it is so freaking convenient sometimes!!!

So, I started gaining weight. I loved my new life and absolutely refused to admit I was getting bigger and bigger. By the time I got pregnant in 2006 I weighed 140 lb  (that's from 110 lb in 2003)

I was really good during my pregnancy. When tests showed I had gestational diabetes, I was put on a very strict diet. But, by the time I had Anthony, I weighed 152 lb. The scale became my worst enemy. The numbers never went down, they were slowly creeping up. I tried all possible diets.
I started with Weight Watchers. I must say, this is when my diet really worked. I started losing weight. But I very soon got tired of counting points, going to the meetings etc. So, I quit.

After WW there were:

* Atkins
* South Beach
*Dukan Diet
*Sonoma Diet
* Phentermine appetite suppressant.

I always lost weight on those, but gained it right back.

There's a list of different DIETS HERE

I think I'm just lazy. I can't stick to a diet. I hate this word!!!! I love food too much.

The wake up call was 10 days ago during my routine OB GYN exam. I was told I am obese 
I cried for 2 days! I do not want to be obese! I do not want my SONshine to be embarrassed by me.  I want to again be in the pictures and wear cute clothes!  I have to do it this time. For me and for my SONshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment